Connect with us

WWE

Martha Hart Issues Statement Responding To Bret Hart’s Comments

Published

on

Martha Hart, widow of the late Owen Hart, has released a statement in response to criticism that Bret Hart has publicly discussed regarding Martha’s firm stance against WWE, holding them responsible for Owen’s death.

“I think Martha, Owen’s widow, she’s a very obtuse, square-headed person,” Hart said. “I think she’s done more to erase my brother Owen’s memory than she ever did to remember him.”

Martha responded with the following:

“The suggestion by Bret Hart that I am “erasing” the memory of my late husband, Owen Hart, is reckless, irresponsible, and clearly untrue” Martha wrote.

“Bret’s comments are rooted in the fact that I have steadfastly refused to work with the WWE to exploit Owen’s image for commercial gain. Owen was an incredible entertainer and I know that his many fans around the world enjoyed his wrestling career immensely. I encourage them to continue to do so. But I am firm in my belief that the WWE was responsible for Owen’s death. As a result, I cannot and will not support any efforts by the WWE to profit from Owen’s memory.

Instead, I, my son Oje and daughter Athena have worked tirelessly to honor Owen through the good works of The Owen Hart Foundation, which has exceeded $4 million in gift giving and contributions toward scholarships, home owner bursaries, and other special projects that have greatly improved the lives of so many in Canada and around the world. We have always believed that this is the most fitting public tribute to a man of profound integrity; a wonderful human being who just happened to wrestle. I know that Owen would be very proud of the tremendous accomplishments the Foundation has achieved in his name.

Bret Hart’s comments are disrespectful and cruel. It is disappointing that so many in the media have chosen to report them without seeking my perspective. Whatever Bret may believe, the fact is that, far from “erasing” Owen’s memory, I have devoted the last 20 years to celebrating his life in a very public way. I can think of very few people who have been remembered so glowingly by their spouse.”

News

Chicago Host City for 2019 Survivor Series

Published

on

Chicago will be the host city for next year’s WWE Survivor Series event and will host 4 events at the Allstate Arena, according to a report from the Chicago Tribune who was quoting WWE’s Executive Vice President of Special Events

  • SmackDown Live (Friday, Nov. 22)
  • NXT Takeover (Saturday, Nov. 23)
  • Survivor Series: (Sunday, Nov. 24)
  • Monday Night Raw: (Monday, Nov. 25)

Continue Reading

News

Enzo Amore Kicked Out of Survivor Series

Published

on

Former WWE superstar Enzo Amore made his presence known at WWE Survivor Series, but not in a good way, as he caused such a commotion that he was promptly kicked out, and ultimately banned from the arena during Sunday’s show.

Continue Reading

News

Shawn Michaels Talks Crown Jewel, In Ring Future

Published

on

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels was a recent guest on E&C’s Pod of Awesomeness and discussed a number of topics including his work down at NXT with the younger superstars and his recent in-ring return at Crown Jewel.

“I’m glad to say that I did it, but I don’t want to try it again.” Michaels said regarding his match earlier this month.

Michaels also refuted the idea that he did it for the payday.

“I didn’t want to be put in that position because I’m good with the performances that I’ve had at WrestleMania. I wanted to end those the way that I ended them” Micheals said, saying that all 4 men in a tag match was like KISS and the Rolling Stones playing their greatest hits.

Michaels also said that he is happy he returned, but does not want to get back in the ring again.

 

Continue Reading

Trending