It appears that the new management heading up NJPW, led by Harold Meij, is rubbing talent the wrong way, upsetting their wrestlers so much so that they are considering a departure from the promotion, eyeing WWE as the next destination.
According to Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, Meij is also receiving backlash.
“The initial reaction was that the feeling was that he talks down to the wrestlers, he then continued to say many of the wrestlers are concerned he has no history in the business as well.
There are people who in the past had never even considered WWE who are thinking about it, and others who were completely committed to staying who are probably still leaning that way, but are considering the WWE option.”
NJPW King Of Pro Wrestling Card Unveiled
The card is as follows:
• IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kenny Omega vs. Cody vs. Kota Ibushi
• G1 Briefcase w/Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White
• IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: KUSHIDA vs. Marty Scurll
• IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title Match: Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask
• EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
• Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano and Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI and a mystery partner
• Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto and Will Ospreay vs. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka
• The Young Bucks, Hangman Page and Chase Owens vs. Guerillas of Destiny, Bad Luck Fale and Taiji Ishimori
• Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma vs. Juice Robinson and Toa Henare
Tetsuya Naito Teasing New Member of Los Ingobernables De Japon
The New Japan Pro Wrestling stable Los Ingobernables De Japon may be getting a new member, thanks to a new video that has been posted on the official NJPW YouTube channel that features Tetsuya Naito teasing a new addition to the faction.
In the video, which you can see below, the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion mysteriously says that “On October 8th, at Ryogoku Sumo arena. We will introduce a new ‘pareja [partner].’ Stay tuned.”
Satoshi Kojima Talks Return, ACL Injury
Legendary Japanese star Satoshi Kojima made his in-ring return at Blue Justice VIII ‘Road To Destruction’, teaming with Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi as they took on, and defeated, the team of Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Juice Robinson and David Finlay.
Following the match, Kojima took the mic and discussed his first in ring action since suffering an ACL injury back in January.
“These last 8 months, which I missed, were very long and tough for me” Kojima said. “But, at the same time there was joy and happiness too. I learned that there are always good things waiting for you if you keep going. For those who are struggling with issues in life, please watch us, and feel alive. Thank you.”
Impact Wrestling2 months ago
Impact Wrestling’s Austin Aries Says He Doesn’t Watch Much Pro Wrestling Anymore
News1 month ago
Daniel Bryan Re-Signs with WWE
News2 months ago
Ronda Rousey Loving WWE ‘More than I ever Thought I Would’
News2 months ago
Former WWE Superstar Darren Young Reveals Nixed Intercontinental Title Win
WWE3 months ago
WWE: Hulk Hogan Back In Hall Of Fame
News2 months ago
Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss Announced For WWE Evolution
News4 weeks ago
ROH Death Before Dishonor Main Event to Be Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay
New Japan Pro Wrestling9 months ago
WWE Interested In Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi